Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Life...It's Complicated

Random Facebook inspiration! Here we go: Life. As in babies. As in beautiful creatures. As in God's work.

I just got on Facebook to-let's face it-waste some time. Funny how God makes sure we even do little things like check our profiles at the right times. I saw a post about a friend of mine and her pregnancy-which reminded me of something else I've been thinking about for a while now. LIFE.
I've always enjoyed working with young kids. They're so easily amazed, and overjoyed with the little things in life. They see the beauty of the small parts of God's creation. And they never fail to make me smile :)

I have a couple of friends that are/will soon be experiencing what it's like to be a mother. The two that I am closest with are very young (recently graduated high school), and not married. Because of this, many people look down on their situations and choose to act like it's not happening or choose to end friendships with them. But they continue to do what they know is right, and accept the cards that have been dealt to them. These women have chosen to stay strong and ignore harsh judgement. And whether they know it or not, these woman are experiencing something amazing. They have life inside of them. They are the ones who are providing love and care to some of His newest creations. They are the instrument that God is using to begin a child's song.

I've been thinking alot about how complex our lives are, and how great God has to be to do it all. I will most likely post more about this topic later, because right now my brain is full of ideas but my energy level is slowly draining. But really, think about it. The complexity of our bodies, our souls, our minds, and every aspect of our lives is ASTOUNDING. My sister, my dad, and I went on a road trip for the 4th of July, and I had my head phones in. I'd been quiet for a while, and I decided to (sneakily) pause my ipod and tune into the conversation the other two were having and see if it was more interesting than my music. I quickly realized the topic of today's car ride was religion-something that I have a different view on than them. I decided to stay out of it, but before I could unpause my ipod, my dad said something that's stuck with me, and pretty well sums up what I'm getting at. "I don't believe God is as present in our daily lives as some people believe, but look at our world: look at how complex it is. Our bodies, our relationships, our lives. Look at all the details of them. How could that just come out of some random explosion?" Although we think of our faith very differently, my dad makes some very valid points about creation ;)

Anyways....point of my random Facebook explanation: God did good work. And He will continue to do good work. Love Him. Praise Him. Thank Him for this crazy complicated life.

1 comment:

  1. Ellen, I love you! This post is beautifully randomly awesome! How true....all of it :)Oh gosh...you're just so awesome!

    ReplyDelete