Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Yay Lists!

Warning: This will probably be one of the most random blog posts I will ever write.

This past week I've been camped out at our county fair-not that big of a deal, right? Unless you're involved in 4H/FFA....then it's one of the best weeks of the summer-especially for those crazies of us that move in on Thursday and don't leave the fairgrounds until the following Tuesday. It was a week filled with poop-scooping, sweating, helping others, making new friends, playing cards, and taking down livestock pens/shoveling sand at 2 a.m. I told you, we're crazy. But my week was also filled with many blessings. If I had some sort of internet access, you probably would have heard a great many ramblings in detail a lot sooner. And you probably will at some point after I can get an actual night of sleep and another shower (for those of you who haven't realized this yet, those things are AMAZING. Go stay a week in a 1964 Airstream trailer-you'll feel blessed ;)) I warned you-random. Anyways...since I'm so good at making lists (I get lots of practice) and I can't get my brain to focus long enough to complete a post, here goes nothing:



  • God is good, and hard work pays off. Doing hard work for God pays off even more.

  • Solidarity is a great thing. When given the chance, always choose to get to know someone more. Definitely more on that great word later.

  • Having a relationship with Momma Mary is very helpful and fulfilling indeed.

  • Every action we take should be done with courage, no matter the size.

  • Trusting that everything is under control is terrifyingly difficult...but necessary.

May you never stop learning. Peace, friends.

1 comment: