Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Where No One Is Looking



I had a 7:30 a.m. Principles of Biology Studio class this morning......and it was AWESOME.

Yes, I am crazy-but we established that a long time ago, right? I could go on for hours about how blessed I am to be in Manhattan, because I definitely am. But really, it doesn't matter where I am; where I am is where God wants me, so I'm blessed regardless. The class? Well, my 3 partners and I succeeded in completing the exact opposite of what our yeast lab intended....so this year should be an adventure!

The reason this morning was so great was because it was a new day.  It's as simple as that.

I had forgotten how much I LOVE mornings. Wonderful weather, beautiful sunrises to satisfy my slightly huge obsession with the sky, stillness, and silence. At 6:30 a.m., most people haven't totally given in to the rush of the day and the stress of their schedules. We're just getting started, refreshed and ready to face whatever comes. Before today, I don't remember the last time I got up before 9....weird, considering my last semester of high school I arrived at school after 6:30 a grand total of 3 times. It was wonderful to be reminded that life can still be slow, that we can look forward to what's ahead in our days, to have the simple beauty of God's creation put me in awe once again, and to find  hope in the most unexpected of places. Mornings may not be one of your favorite things, but they are definitely one of mine.

May you continue to find beauty in the places where no one seems to be looking.

1 comment: