Thursday, October 6, 2011

Proud To Be A Wildcat!

Boy, oh boy! Where do I even begin? God constantly showers us with blessings; but today, I felt like I got caught in the middle of a hurricane. Hurricane Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious to be exact. Ah.....:)

I've been contemplating this whole college thing a lot this week. Now, you see, I am an insanely stubborn person. So naturally, I tend to push this whole future thing to the back of my mind, because it's something I'm not sure about school-wise. But ever since my U of A visit last Friday, next year has been on my mind a lot. There are things I love about Arkansas, and things I love about KSU. There are also a list of things I don't like about both. I'll spare you the boring details, but basically I've been thinking all week that I'll end up at K-State next year. I have two major reasons: my faith and my people. These are the two things that mean more to me than just about anything else-no matter where I'm at or what I'm doing.

My faith: I'm Catholic. The U of A is in Arkansas. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that-Arkansas might possibly be my favorite state ever! Still....I'm a little new to this whole serious level of faith thing, and I feel like that would be asking a bit much of my spiritual warfare skills. I know God could handle it, but it's just a little scary for me. I've also been telling myself for the past year or so that the town I go to school in will have perpetual adoration. I've been really looking forward to it, and it's something that makes my soul smile just to think about. More alone time with Jesus, baby! :)

My people: I absolutely LOVE people. I have a passion for others that I don't have for anything else in my life. I get incredible joy out of serving others-and over the past few months, I've realized I love doing those acts of service in the small, unseen things. Whether it's spending 10 minutes I don't feel I have in adoration for a struggling friend, or talking to that "weird" kid in the hallway (who's really just scared of being hurt again), it feels good to know I'm serving those around me. I realize that at both places, there are great people, and people who are interested in the same things I am. At either school I could make a difference through these small, unseen things. But that's just it: Fayetteville is in the south-the land of amazingly hospitable, incredibly open people. I am not one of those people. I love talking to people, and I love getting to know them. But I am a pretty reserved person (alright, you can stop laughing now and let me finish ;)). What I mean by that (for those of you that still don't believe me), is that I keep to myself. I thrououghly enjoy listening to others, and once we hit it off, I may give you a little bit of info about my own life; but until I've gotten to know you on a deeper level, I don't reveal much. I've always loved Arkansas (I should right? I'm from there, after all!). There are some GREAT people down there among the beautiful landscape. It isn't meant for me, though.

Whew.....I promise I didn't mean to ramble that long! If you made it this far, remind me to give you a gold star next time I see you! And if you want to know what funny "God moment" that confirmed this decision, just ask me about a package I got in the mail-icing on top of my "perfect day" cake. Thanks for listening (reading, whatever), and being amazing, and all that good stuff. For those of you who care: I can officially say I'm proud to be a future Wildcat!

Stay gentle, stay strong, stay His.

1 comment:

  1. My sister, this is so beautiful and exciting! I am so excited for your college experience!!!

    ReplyDelete