Monday, July 11, 2011

Greater Than We Could Ever Imagine

We've all experienced at least one awe-inspiring moment in our lives, right? Where everything is perfect, and it's all we could ever want, plus more? FALSE......we have no idea.

God is beyond us. His plans for us are greater than we could ever imagine, more awesome than anything we will ever see with our own eyes, and more hopeful than even the cheesiest hallmark card. That's right....I went there.

There are times in our life when we're really struggling, times when we are content, times when we are hopeful, and even times when we are happy. Makes for a pretty interesting ride, doesn't it? I mean, think about your life up to this point-go back to just one year ago. Where were you? What were you doing? How were you living your life? And my personal favorite: Who was on your journey with you? Those answers are a little different, right? ;) And that's only one year.....imagine what He will do with eternity!

We can't PLAN out what we want God to do in our lives. For me, this concept can be especially hard to grasp at times. I am an overly-efficient, crazy productive person most of the time. But somehow-no matter how I prepare-God always makes changes to those grand ole plans. And as much as I hate it, I'm beginning to love it, too. Because as much as a hate seeing my original, highly efficient plans go out the window, God's always top those. Let's say I plan on going to the lake with my family on Saturday; God somehow makes sure that I get to stay home and go on Sunday instead, allowing me to attend mass and recieve Him. I plan to work the March TEC retreat; God makes sure that I'm selected for the June weekend, with some people that I needed to have put in my lives. I plan to go to Totus Tuus at my parish; God plans for me to be out of town at an FFA event. We'll see how this one plays out ;) Seeing a theme here?

Moral of the story:


  • Don't plan around God...you WILL lose.

  • Don't think you've seen everything there is to see...your eyes are barely open.

But most importantly......never lose hope. God's plans for us are greater than we could ever imagine, more awesome than anything we will ever see with our own eyes, and more hopeful than even the cheesiest Hallmark card.


1 comment:

  1. So. True. He is so wonderful to us, even when we can't see it. He is always thinking about what is best for us, maybe not now as we would like but in the long run for sure. God is marvelous! Love Him <3

    ReplyDelete