Sunday, July 10, 2011

Visible Steps of Faith

"Have no fear of moving into the unknown. Simply step out fearlessly,knowing that I am with you, therefore no harm can befall you; all is very, very well. Do this in complete faith and confidence." ~Pope John Paul II

Yes, I know it's easier said than done. But hey, my blogs about it so it must mean something to me, right? Well let me tell ya, this pretty much sums up my life lately.

Long story short I've been feeling amazing inside, and dancing my heart out with God. My soul is singing! It is absolutely beautiful. But I still have a ton of work to do with my faith (we just keep learning!), because I'm scared to let others see my faith. How dumb is that? I mean, I don't have the most supportive family in the world, but they would by no means be ashamed of me or put me down in any way if I lived out my faith more prominantly. And really, what's the worst that could happen? They use me as an example?-Oh no! Geez....I'm pathetic. But I'm also human...and God loves me anyway :)

It's the little things like staying kneeled down a little longer at mass, or closing my eyes when I pray that scare me the most. I mean, I want to so bad. I want to stay kneeling before the blessed sacrament, because I can feel Him there, and He deserves for me to be on my knees. I want to close my eyes and let the Spirit guide me in prayer. I want to reach over and touch that person sitting beside me who looks like they are struggling-I really do! And in my heart, I know it's what God is calling me to do. But why do I keep refusing? Because I'm scared. I'm scared to put my faith out there for others to see-because I don't want to be labeled as that "church girl," written off as different, or watched by everyone in mass from now on. I'm scared of trying to make a difference, and finding out I can't. But who isn't?

I'm learning-with the help of God and a couple of REALLY great friends to chat with-that He will provide. There is always something better around the next corner, even when we think we have all we could ever want right here in the present.

That unknown territory is faith....take the first visible step.

1 comment:

  1. Did you like, idk read my journal? or mind cause I haven't written in my journal in a while...Yea, we have much more in common than writing the exact same wheat letter to each other...im glad we are friends :)

    ReplyDelete