Thursday, July 7, 2011

Striving for Peace

May today there be peace within you.
May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be.
May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith.
May you use those gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that has been given to you.
May you be content knowing that you are a child of God.
Let this presence settle into your bones, and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise, and love.
It is there for each and every one of us.

~St. Therese of Lisieux

This is one of my all-time favorite quotes-and coming from me, the quote nerd-that means a lot! It makes peace seem so...simple. If it's there for each and every one of us, why in the world do we strive so long and hard for it in our lives?

You know those times when you're really, really sleep deprived, but you feel sooooo awake because you just keep doing things that are keeping you busy? You don't realize how tired you actually are until you sit down and begin to rest-then you usually crash, right? Well, that's kind of what striving for peace feels like to me. There are some days when I'm so set on being productive and getting things done that I forget to remember what I already accomplished. I feel like I'm doing nothing until I make myself sit still and reflect back on all I've been doing. We strive so long and hard for peace in our lives, and we just make it that much more difficult to actually attain.

You are a child of God. Our Father, the Creator of the universe, WILL take care of you-in more beautifully complex ways than you could ever imagine.

Still your soul, and strive for peace in that concept!

No comments:

Post a Comment