Sunday, September 18, 2011

What a Day!

After today, I have come to the conclusion that we are infinitely, crazily, wonderfully, awesomely, beautifully blessed.
If you're wondering how I came about this conclusion, it's been a crazy day. Let me sum it up for you:
  • Mass with my mom and little sister-great homily, visiting priest...fun stuff!
  • Random phone call from a couple of beautiful sisters in Christ where I rambled about said mass and about the other excitement(but not really that exciting at all) going on in my life
  • District officer workday planning for the conference we're putting on tommorrow-lots of laughs, hugs, and tons of productivity in the form of cheesy flip charts and rhyming skits-WOOHOO!!
  • Meeting up again and going out to dinner with the two state FFA officers and the national officer from South Carolina. Yay traveling and new people!
  • While at this dinner, I got to chat with Jordan (one of the state officers who I've been blessed to know pretty well), and actually had an interesting, worthwhile conversation. Sometimes, I need reminders that the world isn't totally crazy ;)
  • Standing outside in the parking lot of the restaraunt for a good hour laughing, trying South Carolina candy, and telling embarassing stories and moments from school trips
  • Bringing the two girls on my district officer team to my house to stay for the night, talking to each other about non-school related topics, and getting to know each other better

So,I pretty much had a day full of great people, great laughs, and good, honest fun. And tommorrow, I get to do it all again! The conference we've been setting up is finally happening-that's right...my high school is about to be invaded by over 400 freshmen FFA members. RIDICULOUSLY AWESOME. In the words of Dr. Suess: "Today was good, today was fun, tomorrow is another one!"

Now, I have a point to my random rambling, I promise. Sort of. I get distracted too easily when I've had such a wonderful day! I'm also feeling the lists tonight. Apparently my brain is stuck in that mode. Anywho:

  • Every day is a new chance to let Him take control.
  • Every day brings new life, and new opportunity.
  • Every day is a day where we could be making a difference in the lives of someone around us, and sharing His Love.
  • Every single day; No matter what happened yesterday, or how scary it is to look towards tomorrow.

Let Him lead you by the hand day by day, hour by hour, and moment by moment. His plan makes the present a gift, and the future a mystery. No matter how frustrating that may be to us sometimes, it's true. Allow Him to use you from the moment the sun rises. When it comes time for the sun to set, you won't be disappointed.

3 comments:

  1. Amen!!!!! You are an awesome Instrument of His Love :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, he is from South Dakota. I definitely know that too-apparently I was on more of a brain overload than I even thought!

    ReplyDelete