Friday, December 9, 2011

Weekend Plans

Love is wonderful. Oh, how I missed feeling so content! Funny how much of God you see everywhere when you let Him in ;) Today was AWESOME. This weekend? Planned to be even better!

Let me run down today for you real fast: My day started off playing an hour's worth of amazing jazz music for some amazing middle school students/faculty with some of the most amazing people and musicians I know. Not to mention amazing donuts. My first class of the day was....amazing! We also experimented with some new equipment-arranging techniques in our cars. Let's just say I felt like I could conquer the world. My granny car ("The Woman") was fully loaded down-a trunk packed with random sound equipment and a backseat double-stacked with bari's (humongous saxaphones). It was epic! Then came the rest of school, including a lab in my favorite class (Chem II-yes, I'm that nerdy) that left random parts of my hand stained yellow with iodine. This resulted in some hilarious reactions from some of my non-chem classmates. Best part of today? Having a mini spaz attack at 5:45 this morning when realizing I have nothing I absolutely have to go to this weekend. Oh, I have plenty to do, and I'll be busy-but not stressfully so. God takes pretty good care of me :)

I haven't felt like myself in a looooong time. Battles of self-worth, fear, doubt, and hopelessness seem to have taken up a lot of my past few weeks. I'm beginning to feel more like me. I'm beginning to see again the gifts that He constantly showers me with, and the beauty of His creation-including me. So what in the world happened between the two? Yesterday happened, which included breaking down, crying out for help, and surrendering to His Love. Funny how that works ;) Imagine what would happen if we did that every day! The One who created the stars, the sunrise, the earth, and everyone on it might actually know what He's doing. What???!!!! Yeah....I'd heard that before today, too. Just thought I'd remind you.

I am so excited for this weekend! Tonight, I'm going to watch my sister sing at her chior concert with my grandma. Then I'm throwing myself a Tangled movie night! After multiple attempts at Redbox (which is the only video anything we have in town anymore), I finally found a machine that had this movie in stock. Worthy of a smile and a jump for joy? I think so! Tommorrow shall consist of a park clean-up with a friend as her project for her leadership class, and a birthday bonfire tommorrow evening. In between? Scholarships, scholarships, and maybe a scholarship application or two. Sunday? Mass.....WOOHOO! I haven't been excited about mass in a while-it feels good :) And after some quality time with Jesus, the homework shall begin. Calculus, chemistry, english, and random FFA articles/thank you's I need to write. I'm sure there will be a nap or two involved as well, and a walk, of course ;) In short....a blessed, blessed weekend I feel coming on. Thank you, Lord, for taking care of me always.

May you feel His loving arms around you, and know that you are loved. Peace!

1 comment:

  1. Discovering who you are in Christ involves two people. You and God. These two people will help you discover yourself as God made you to be. Of course, other people can and will help along the way, but these are the main two folks you need to stay in contact with to discover the woman God created you to be.

    This is just some handy advice I've discovered this semester. Sounded life-relevant :)
    PS; Have I ever mentioned I like you? Because you are a pretty awesome person.
    God bless, sister! I love you!

    ReplyDelete