Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Yay Treasure Boxes!

The past 24 hours, I had the chance to go to a Totus Tuus camp reunion lock-in in Wichita. Before we got started with the shenanigans, we kicked off the night with mass, evening prayer, and a penance service. Grace, grace, grace....AWESOME. So, this penance service:

We had the option of going face-to-face or behind the screen. Me being, well, me, I automatically decide I'm going behind the screen. But as I sat in adoration examining my conscience and reflecting on how strong I felt after my last confession, something told me to go face-to-face. So I went through all the usual "this is what I can remember" thing. Then I actually started talking to the man sitting in front of me-about my life, about my struggles, about why I'd been having trouble. Basically, I said something like my life is easy compared to what those around me are going through. I'm praying for them, but sometimes it's hard for me to just let God take control of the uncontrollable, and trust that He'll take care of them. We talked about Mary for a bit, and then came His response to my "boohoo my life is so easy" rambling:


Store these things away in the treasure box of your soul. There will be a time when you have nothing to rely on but faith alone. Cherish the details, and keep these good times for when you need them most.


We've all been through times where literally the only thing carrying us through was our blind faith. Our faiths are built up by those moments of assurance. Faith is built in those moments of Love, when we see clearly His call and are surrounded by brothers and sisters willing to help us follow it. So what happens when the going gets tough? Dig deep into that treasure box of your soul. Remember why you even care about faith in the first place. Remember that there are people out there supporting you in prayer and sacrifice, and a God that will NEVER leave your side.



May our treasure boxes be full, and remind us that what we need is the treasure Himself.

1 comment: