Sunday, November 6, 2011

Criss-Cross-Applesauce Love

Ahhh....love. What a wonderful wonderful weekend it's been already! And there's still most of my favorite day to go, too! :) Love.......love.....love. God loves us so unbelievably much.
Yesterday was our region CYM rally, our county 4H achievement night, and my sister's basketball game-all of which I had helped plan/made promises to little sisters to be at. Well I've been blessed with the ability to multi-task with the best of 'em. If there is a possible way to be in two places at once, I would have figured it out by now! The timing was perfect so that I could get to all three and do what I needed to do-whether that was cheer on my little sister for the first time all season, set up a pumpkin obstacle course for our rally, or change into a skirt and practice the script for an awards banquet. Isn't God good? I drove to Derby, back to Udall for awards, back to Derby for clean-up, and finally home. Driving + Praying = Happiness! I also had enough time to swing by the new St. Mary's Parish and go to confession-something I don't make time for near enough. It was even with a priest I'm not familiar with, which means I got new advice/a different penance. OHHHHH YEAAAAAH (just act like I said that in a sweet kool-aid man voice ;)). Along with all of this, I even got the opportunity to spend some much-needed extra time with Christ.
St. Michael's in Mulvane has one of my favorite adoration chapels ever. In fact, I borrowed the lock code from a friend of mine a couple of years ago, and I still use it whenever I go through Mulvane. I love that chapel because it reminds me of a bedroom. It's so comfortable, with blankets, couches, and books strewn on random kneelers/chairs. It's awesome. (Ok, I do admit I may have a slight obsession with perpetual adoration chapels....but I blame it on the fact that we only have adoration once a week). Anywho, in Mulvane there's this wonderful home-like feel. Then at the front is Jesus-beautiful, holy, and completely present. On either side of Him are two statues of archangels, bent down protecting their king. Amazing, much? Basically the whole chapel makes me feel like I'm at home, and nothing can tear me away from Christ. So last night, I stopped by on my way home from Derby at about 9:45. I had a wonderful conversation with a lady that I met, and she decided she was gonna head out and leave me to have some "peaceful time alone" before her replacement came. For the next 15 minutes I sat criss-cross-applesauce on the floor of my favorite adoration chapel in the world, listening to Jesus tell me He loved me, and inviting me to come to Him :)
Moral of that long rambling story: Next time you get the chance, go sit criss-cross-applesauce and look up at the person who loves you more than anyone else.
Christ loves us. Despite everything we do or don't do for Him. He loves us.
May you never forget that infinite Love, and continue to spread it throughout your life. Peace!

1 comment:

  1. I love you!!!! And I love this post so much. This semester, Christ has continually been teaching me to do just what you recommend: to sit and look up at Him, letting Him love me!

    ReplyDelete