Sunday, November 27, 2011

How Are You

"How are you?"

Just three words: three words that are spoken at the beginning of just about every type of conversation. We probably hear the phrase at least once every single day of our lives. My answers typically range from "great" to "fine," and that's the end of it. Funny.....I don't know about you, but sometimes I feel like I would give anything for someone to really ask how I was doing.

Last weekend, I was blessed with an awesome 24 hour mini-roadtrip to Wichita. I got to hear a friend play in his jazz combo, spend some quality time with Jesus, and spend some time with a few of my sisters in Christ. Wonderful weekend? Perfect timing? I think so :) You see, I am a MASTER at hiding what's going on in my life (I definitely should have been in some high school plays). I've become scary good at putting on a happy face for other people and faking my way through the day. But lately, I've been trying to put on a happy face for God.....I would advise not trying that-it doesn't work out too well ;) Friday night I finished listening to Daniel's jazz combo and skipped out a little early. I probably could have stayed longer to chat/eat/catch up, but I wasn't really feeling in the mood for that. I'd planned on going to adoration anyways, and I figured then was just as good a time as any to head that direction.

I got to St. Jude's at 9:45.........I left Saint Jude's at 11:40. During those two hours, the roof didn't shake, there were no voices, and there was no cool theme music. I sat, I prayed, I read, and I thought. But I sat in His presence, I prayed for His healing, I read about holy men and women, and I thought about His Love. I was unmasked; all my fears and all my loneliness laid on the altar before Him. I finally admitted how I was really doing. As for the rest of the weekend....it was amazing. Good hugs, great conversations, beautiful people :) It wouldn't have worked out at all, had I still had a closed off heart.

Moral of Ellen's random story: Tell God how you really are. It's not like He doesn't know already ;)

May you continue to grow in His Love, and accept His healing.

2 comments:

  1. And that's why I answer that question with "alive" because no matter what, I am indeed alive. Everything else is kinda relative, lol.

    ReplyDelete